Monday, March 7, 2011

NM work day 2

Well still no pics and my video camera ran out of batteries after Abbys run so no Sally shots... Video I will have to post later...
Both girls again did well. The wind was way worse today, while Sally was working I could only see her eyes through all the red clay on her body. Sally did some more driving and work in the roundpen on some pretty light lambs. First time in she did real nice and drove pretty well but didn't hold the line as well. Second time in for her I stayed outside the gate and made her drive and fetch without my body pressure in there. It was good for her, there were a couple bobbles but overall she was consistent and steady didn't want to walk in on heads facing her since she is still gaining her confidence back after her sheep beatings at home!
Abby I worked once again. She was also in the roundpen with the light sheep and I stayed outside. It was great work on her inside flanks! Also allowing her to really get on it and cover their heads which she doesn't always do. She did have to be urged to go around not just get to balance and bring me sheep. She took the direction well and put the right pressure on them, really worked nice. I was given nice compliments on both girls! Yeah girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment