Monday, May 21, 2012

GA workin

The dogs and I loaded up and headed to GA on Sat morning.  We finally got up to the Padgett's place late Sat afternoon.  While storms were building we did get a couple runs in on cattle Sat nite.  The dogs did well, we enjoyed a nice dinner with the Padgetts; they are lovely people and Tony was very helpful on the cattle.  I got some good pointers and the calves were great!
Sunday we got to work from morning until early afternoon.  Abby worked cows and ducks; Patsy worked all three stock.  They both did a great job really.  The calves were nice to work and very fair to the dogs, sheep were light but very sane and the ducks while a little ring sour were still good to work.  I didn't get any of the duck runs taped but got a couple of cattle runs and Patsy on sheep.   I'm trying to upload those now so will post when I am able.  I was very proud of both dogs; only sorry I didn't work Sally as well but I have to conserve money somewhere.  We will definitly be back again when we are able it was a great time, I'm looking forward to trialling several dogs this Fall/late Summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment