Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ducks

I trapped the ducks in the barn the other night:-)) They are free spirits my ducklings, its time to get them under control. I have allowed their free roaming for legging them up and allowing them fresh eats.
I used Abby to get them to the barn which was really pretty good for her considering the number of times she's been on ducks. Nice outrun, good control, patience is not an Abby virtue but she did well. Then I worked her in the barn stall on them. Ducks freaked, Abby didn't do badly for the first time. I used her for the sheep chores too so that was all the duck work for her.

Patsy tried ducks for the first real time, she took them out of the chicken house once. It took some time to work them in the stall since it was a lot of pressure in there, but she got it. I took her out into the paddock for her second go and she was AWESOME! Nice balance and control on them, pulled them of the fence with ease. She is going to be a fabulous duck dog.

1 comment: