Friday, January 7, 2011

Day off...kinda

Well I'm not training dogs today but we did set sheep for Dianes last morning here, with Evy this am. Evy worked very smoothly even with sheep being stupid about Dianes dog and the cold weather. Outruns are anywhere from jawdropping gorgeous to "oh my god thats not my dog"... the story of Evy and I:-)) We took the "extras" to the barn and the two crazys tried to attack her in the barn stall, but she didn't take it personally (though the offender has a bruise on her neck). It seems I'm the only one still holding on to our two building years after the sheep got the better of a much younger Evy. That was such a big obstacle to pass, even made me cheerlead for a bit (which I don't do), as long as she will take stock pressure and push back I'm happy. I don't ever want to go back to those years! So other than feeding this evening and bringing sheep around for the lesson this afternoon, no real training. Oh forgot I have goats to treat so someone will have that job as well, maybe Abby, she needs a bath and some primping anyway for our shows this month.

5 comments:

  1. Working dogs, especially corgis, are so impressive. I hope someday to see herding in real time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have to find a herding trial near you! More and more there are corgis entered, but it would be lots of fun to watch for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So who's in the header photo? If I had to guess, I would say there's some Sam in there somewhere :) The tongue is a dead giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is Sally, BeliXAbby, so yes she is double Sam on Abbys side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of all the things Sam has passed along to his offspring, the tongue is my fave :)

    ReplyDelete