Thursday, January 6, 2011

Resolutions 2011

I've decided that keeping a herding journal is a very good idea. Helps me remember where I've been and where I need to go. I need to keep goals very close to the surface. I'm going to use this blog as a spot to specifically put a herding journal for my dogs. I can keep track of what I want to work on and hopefully see a progression in the direction I would like to go with each individual.
First Evy: A dog that needs solid, steady work; consistently! So my goals for the year are to polish her to trial and keep her working at the high level I expect from her. Improve outruns (as always), more crisp driving and keep her happy. Sounds easy!
Second Abby: Also needs some polishing for trialling this Spring. Steady her drive, actually steady all her work since she likes to move with speed and purpose but no thought. So Abby should be fun to work since she just mainly needs polish.
Third Sally: Sally needs miles of work, though the work is good, where I would hope for a 3.5yr old to be. Good outrun lenghts, get better (more proper) lifts, fetches are improving, get better distance on the drive with flanks and finally keep a consistent flank on both fetch and drive.
Fourth Rosy: Trial her in HS this Spring. Outruns need more consisitency, flanks need squaring and stops need enforcing. She is doing well though for a coming 2yr old!

Will also try to get working pics posted, for both the header and post bodies!
Here's to a new year full of working Cardigans and good solid trial runs!

2 comments:

  1. What fun! Looking forward to seeing pictures. We love corgis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be reading this blog regularly so I understand what Susan Shields is telling me about Chase's work -- I am truly a herding Luddite.

    ReplyDelete