Monday, January 17, 2011

Started and in between...

Well Sally and Rosy got worked today in between the storms we've been having today. Sally did a great job on the whethers. I really wanted to work on outruns, which have been really good but the sheep kept taking off when she was correct and then couldn't cover them before they made a dash for the bottom of the field, rat bastards! So we worked on driving with her and the light boys. It was great work because if she didn't square off they bolt. She figured it out pretty fast and was flanking like a pro when she knew they wouldn't escape, when they might she wouldn't take the flank. But I'll take that over lack of thought and desire to cover. I also had her work all the goats just a little driving and fetching... mainly because that is reward to her. She gets to push and heel on the goats:-))
Rosy we did outruns and fetching as well as throwing in the control and flanks she will need for started in March. She did BEAUTIFUL! Rosy is coming along so nicely she may well be the best dog since her auntie Libby. Outruns were overall very nice and she reads sheep so well you really dont' have to say much until she wants to get pushy. I didn't drive much with her just little bits here and there, we won't need that for a little while. She did have one buggery sheep that escaped on her and she gave full chase to the bottom and tried to get him back but I had to help her figure out how. All in all a good rain day here in FL
Sorry I couldn't get videos of them guys:-)) Just too wet for pics or videos today...

5 comments:

  1. Exciting! I can almost see them working! Corgis rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smart girls! Of course, they're Beli daughters, so they "come by" it naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like some really good work. Makes you feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May I ask where in FL you are located? I am a Corgi lover from the Tampa area. Thanks for sharing your blog! I just discovered it via The Daily Corgi blog on Facebook. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in Eustis, north of Orlando. Not too far, the blogging world is getting smaller everyday.

    ReplyDelete