Friday, February 18, 2011

Trial work

Yesterday we went to work at a local trial field. Different sheep and primarily the use of the obstacles.
I took Abby and Sally, though Sally will no longer be trialling at the Nationals... Abby did a fabulous job! I didn't work it like a trial course but just a training opportunity. We got some young ewes that have not been worked much. They were nice and light and Abby read her sheep well and quietly. I drove them mainly and put them around and took them out of the pen. I especially worked on the 4-5 turn since Abby gets jumpy about flighty sheep trying to run. Worked on her flanks both directions and stop after her big flanks. I was very pleased that she did such a great job!
Sally only got worked once but did a beautiful job driving the course. Even got to take them out of the pen for the first time ever. She did a great job though.
I'm going back next week for another go with Abby and Rosy.

2 comments: