Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas work

Well I stayed home from NC to rest and work dogs, so I'm glad I got some done.  Really should have done more but I was just too tired!  With trials only 10 days away I should be working daily:-)
Abby I am still working on a better drive so I used the goats and made her drive them corner to corner in the big field, driving all the way into the corner.  There was a lot of fighting and improvements; so not too bad.  I just don't want to fight to get her to walk!  After a brief rest I took three sheep, two ewes and a ram lamb; we drove them up the field and then shed a ewe off and took her to the upper pasture.  With her off Abby did an outrun to the bottom and picked up the two extras and we shed them.  Drove the ram to the top and did a look back on the ewe.  All that work was pretty good; I could definitely see improvement on her drive and the sheds were very nice.  That was all we got done with Abby, we were both mentally drained.
I took Patsy out too.  We worked the single ewe back down the field to the barn, then we worked in the stalls.  She doesn't really understand the stall work yet but she will.  Nice work on the single and then we put them all together and did some driving and fetching on them.  A couple of decent outruns; way is definitely her bad side, will work more on that.  She is good at hunting balance though doesn't always stay and hold the pressure yet.  I'm looking forward to trialling her this Spring!
Poor Sally didn't get to do anything but chores!  I really need to get some ducks out for her but I just haven't felt like it...  I will give her some time tomorrow, I promise:-))

No comments:

Post a Comment