Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sally's work, Abby too

I did as I promised and took some ducks out to work Sally today.  I took them up to the roundpen field, where they've never been and let her work them in and out of the roundpen there.  I got two hens that were awful in this group so they made things rather difficult.  Sally was her usual pushy self though so that didn't help our hen issue!  She did very nice driving on them, outruns were acceptable though not great.  Her fetches have never been good, there were some that were ok and others that weren't .   I am also taking her south this weekend to work on the Call ducks, which she seems to like.  As well as working the trial course too since I don't have one set up yet!
I also worked Abby this am while I was feeding everyone.  We are still fighting about the drive but it seems to be getting better in small areas.  She looses confidence again when she gets further so that will be a work in progress.  Her walk up when she is using her brain is nice and somewhat straight; when not she still wants to roll all over the place.  I worry that her outruns are going to be crap for the trial next weekend with all this drive work...  She will also get work down there this weekend, I sure hope it helps!

1 comment:

  1. You might want to hide Flabby's princess cape on trial weekend!

    ReplyDelete