Monday, December 5, 2011

Trial weekend- Malabar

Well we are home and trying to recover.  I am uploading videos from my new camera now, hopefully will post tomorrow.  We had a great weekend!  Both Bubbles and Tulip (Rosy's sis) finished their PT titles, nicely done on both their parts, two more points for Beli's ROMS!! Woohoo:-))
Abby was pretty good both days.  The first day was a beautiful run, nice outrun, good fetch, ok drive/ pen and then the SHED.  I screwed it up!  Damnit...  I didn't settle the sheep or take control on the way to the shed and we just couldn't get it.  I called the run, heartbreaking really since the rest was so nice.  Sunday went in with a plan, or a better one...  Outrun wasn't as good, actually was pretty bad and the sheep left early, she picked them up and finally got back online, drive was ok; she wasn't really hooked to her sheep properly.  Got the pen, settled the sheep and approached the shedding ring.  So I got a little nervous and called her wrong but we got settled again and got a very nice shed.  Finished 3rd of 4 but more importantly; I'm really happy with how Abby worked over the weekend.
The trial was really nice.  Good to see friends and relax.  Nice runs, good stock, great handlers and nice dogs.  The sheep and ducks were both very nice and gave the dogs that were talented enough chances to fix one mistake but would take advantage of mishandling.  My ducks did really well!:-))  I got to watch most of B course Adv/Int both nice on sheep, ducks had some really great runs too though I set for those so couldn't watch as easily.

Finally got the vids loaded, you'll have to excuse the bobbles since I was just handing the camera off to whomever was available; they didn't get much in the way of a lesson on how to use it.  Enjoy!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Abby looked so proud of herself when she got the shed! Loved the commentary from your cameraman, especially, Run, Amy, Run!

    ReplyDelete