Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pre trial stuff

Well not much work for Abby since the trial.  I had to run through my ducks and try to figure trial groups for them since they'll be used next weekend.  Sally and Patsy got to work them.
Sally was PUSHY!  Geez, who knew:-)))  Anyway, she worked them ok once we were on the same page.  Nice gathers and drives, my ducks don't really like to fetch cuz of the human pressure so they need to be handled softly on the fetch.  She was good at breaking them from the corners; grabs their little butt feathers one duck at a time.  Out they come!  The ducks need some training, since Sally is the only one working ducks right now she's it.
Patsy did some work on them too.  Go figure, she was also pushy:-))  Second group of ducks was a little less likely to stay together so it didn't help that she was pushy on them.  Work after that was good though.  She does a nice job usually on ducks just needs some miles to settle on them.
So I think I have two decent groups of trial ducks.  They aren't great ducks but they are surely workable if the dog handles them right.  I'll be selling them after this trial anyway, I just don't use them often enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment