Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trial weekend

Finally I am getting to report on our trial weekend.


First up is Sally, she ran on Adv A ducks. She did a great job, very dependable:-)) First day she laid down a nice run and was first in her class of 11. Second day she was a bit more pushy, as were the ducks; still she was second place and the only other qualifier. Not too bad for the Sally monster:-)) She managed not to lay a single tooth on any duck!


Second Abby, first day same old problem. My nerves unnerve my dog. . . Bad run though had some good things too. Came home and worked no problem... Got to be me. So back the second day and the trial was moved to the maximum field. Yikes:-)) Abby did a bang up job! Outrun could have been better but still acceptable. Everything else was nice, one small snag at the pen, they came out so quiet that they went right back in; otherwise a VERY respectable run. Of 9 dogs in the class Abby was 2nd, only 2 dogs Q'd in A sheep of 9 entry. The winner was a very nice open BC already finished with his HC; problematic part is that we were running against A, B and C course sheep as well as A and B ducks. So I will just be happy wtih the run Sunday and Sally monsters duck legs!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Way to go, Sally! Nice with Abby!

    I take Rescue Remedy before my first run on the first day. Settles my nerves a bit. After that first run, I am okay.

    Where was the trial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trial was in St Cloud, FL. I've never had this issue with a dog... maybe we'll try that next weekend!

    ReplyDelete