Sunday, November 27, 2011

Duck course and work

Got to drive south today and build the duck pen for our club.  Took a couple hours to build, didn't work any ducks on it today though.  My ducks will get their chance on Friday, I hope they pass:-))
Bubbles, Patsy and Abby all got to work; got too dark for Sally though.  Bubbles did pretty well, though she was blown up a little.  The start was not really good for her cuz we were trying to catch the BC puppy that split the sheep for us.  Once started she was pretty good.  I hope the judges will overlook a little heeling here and there:-))
I just wanted to show Patsy to someone so she got a quick go in the roundpen.  Very nice quiet work and so calm!
Abby, first workout was glorious!  Beautiful outrun, lift and fetch; turn at the handlers post very nice drive gates weren't set out but were about 250yds each leg.  Her drives were nice though I didn't stay at the post.  Pen was picture perfect, Shed was VERY nice.  I was so proud.  Round 2, well not as good on the outrun, actually just not good period.  She would have gotten away with the outrun but I know she does so much better; I wish she would show someone other than me!  These sheep are pretty forgiving on that as long as the dog takes control of them so we will cross our fingers and pray.  More later in the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment